30 Day Return Policy
Returns Are As Easy As 1-2-3
We understand that the lighting or decor you purchased may not ultimately be what you had in mind and we want to make sure you are happy with the final product. Best of all, we will work with you until you find what you need, saving you time and money. If you would like to return an item that is in "As-New" condition you may return the product at your expense within 30 days of receipt (based on the date the item was delivered).
Steps 1 through 3:
1. Receive Authorization & Instructions
- To initiate a return, have your order number ready and contact us by phone at 800-974-5307 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Sea Gull Lighting Store team member will review your order and create a Return Case, answering by email any questions you may have as well as providing a return shipping charge estimate.
2. Pack & Ship your item(s)
- Once a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number has been issued by the Manufacturer we are in full control of your return.
- Please ensure the item is well packed in its original packaging. Other than the return label please do not write or mark on the box in anyway.
- We will monitor the return and handle any shipping issues if they occur. If the item is lost or damaged we deal with it, not you, and your refund will still be processed.
- Please allow 7-10 business days to receive your RGA number.
- Size matters:
- For regular sized items, you will receive an email with our FedEx return shipping label attached.
- You can then drop the item at a convenient FedEx location or call 1-800-GOFEDEX to have it picked up.
- You can track the progress of your return using the FedEx website and the tracking number information.
- Large items shipping by freight carrier require some coordination and we will work with you and the freight company to schedule the pick-up.
- It will be your responsibility to be physically present at the time the freight company arrives to retrieve the item.
- The freight company chosen to retrieve your product for return will be at the discretion of Sea Gull Lighting Store.
3. Your Return Credit
- Upon receipt by the Manufacturer, the item will be inspected for "as new" condition and once confirmed we will process your credit less the actual shipping charges.
- We work hard to make this go as quick as possible and the process usually takes 10 business days or less. Unusually, due to transit times and some manufacturers' processes, it can take up to 30 days - so please be patient.
- Typically, you will be refunded via the same method in which the item was purchased.
Important Information to Review While you Wait for Your Credit
To File or Not To File a DisputePlease do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days. In certain cases, initiating a charge back can void your ability to receive any credit at all.
The Item is not "As-New"If the item is determined to not be in "As-New" condition we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 75% on top of the return shipping charges.
The Item is Returned Without an RGAItems returned without an RGA are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee and based on the item, may be denied.
Exceptions and Items not Eligible for Return
Unfortunately, under certain circumstances items purchased from Sea Gull Lighting Store are not eligible for return. These exceptions and items are as follows:
- Items sold as final sale (aka Closeout) products
- Custom or Special Order Products
- Made-to-Order Products - please check individual product pages for confirmation
- Light bulbs, parts, glass, shades, etc
- Any item that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way
- Any item without original packaging
- Items delivered/received more than 30 days ago are usually non-returnable; if approved the return will include a restock fee
- Items where the RGA (return authorization) issue date is greater than 10 business days will require a new RGA and may be denied
- Expedited shipping and charges for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international addresses
- Any product not purchased from Sea Gull Lighting Store
- Please note: To ensure a speedy credit, we strongly advise you request prior authorization before visiting the showroom.
All returns must be pre-approved and be accompanied by an RGA number.
Unfortunately, credit due cannot be issued by the showroom. Upon inspection we can usually issue the credit within 1-2 business days so you will get your funds back quickly regardless. Upon receipt of your return, we will issue you a Return Acknowledgement. This is your proof that we have your item in our possession and what condition the item was returned in. Although we still have to ship the item back to the Manufacturer we can expedite your return if the item is determined to be in "as new" condition. In this case, your credit will usually be processed within 2-3 business days if not faster.
Some of our manufacturers charge restocking fees for the return of undamaged and non-defective merchandise. Although we still have to pay them, we will waive your restocking fee with a new order of equal or greater value. The individual product pages will indicate if the manufacturer of the item charges a restocking fee and if so, the extent of that restocking fee. Look for this link Return Information for specifics. These restocking fees are charged by the manufacturer in addition to any shipping deductions that may be incurred in returning an item.
Large Quantity Purchases
When ordering large quantities (6+) of the same item we strongly suggest ordering a single sample for evaluation before you place the full order. Returns of any item in quantities of 6 or more units will be subject to a return review. Depending upon the item and the manufacturer you may be charged a restock fee or have the return denied.
"Final Sale" Products (aka Closeouts)
There are many items available for purchase at Sea Gull Lighting Store that are marked as Closeout Products and are further discounted from their regular low price. These are products that have been discontinued by the Manufacturer and are therefore subject to availability as inventory runs out.
- All Closeout Products are sold as Final Sales.
- Absolutely No Returns will be accepted on closeout merchandise.
- Products that are sold as closeouts are subject to availability. Should a Closeout Product become unavailable after placing an order, you will be notified immediately and your order cancelled at no penalty to you.
- If you receive a Closeout Product that is damaged, it must be reported within 10 days of receipt, as per our Damaged Good Policy.
- We will make all attempts to replace a damaged Closeout Product. If a replacement is no longer available, you will receive a full refund.
Custom and Made-to-Order Products
Through its strong relationships, Sea Gull Lighting Store is able to offer custom products from top manufacturers. Custom and Made-to-Order Details:
- Custom orders require payment be collected in full at the time the order is placed.
- Once a custom order is placed it cannot be cancelled.
- Custom orders often require production and shipping lead times ranging anywhere from 4 to 16 weeks.
- Custom orders cannot be returned under ANY circumstance. If you receive a custom order that is damaged beyond repair, a replacement will be made for you.
Large Items Shipped via Truck/Freight Liner
For items that were delivered via Truck or Freight Liner, we will work with you and the freight company to make arrangements for the retrieval and shipment of the product. It will be your responsibility to have someone physically present at the time the freight company arrives to retrieve the item. Also, the freight company chosen to retrieve your product for return will be at the discretion of Sea Gull Lighting Store.
If you are not placing another order with us for the same or greater value, you are responsible for the actual shipping cost back to the manufacturer. We will confirm the shipping amount at the time we process your return request and the fee will be deducted when we process the return credit.Please note: we subsidize the shipping cost to you and it is often more than the $65 you were charged.
Product Descriptions, Appearance and Pricing
Product Descriptions & Specifications
The product descriptions, specifications and images displayed on Sea Gull Lighting Store are provided by the manufacturers. Accordingly, Sea Gull Lighting Store is not responsible for any misrepresentations or errors. In the event of misrepresented product dimensions (product dimensions are typically accurate within 1-2 inches), Sea Gull Lighting Store will be happy to investigate the matter with the manufacturer.
Product Finishes or Color
Be advised that many of the items offered by Sea Gull Lighting Store feature hand applied or organic finishes that may vary slightly from what you see on your screen. For this reason, and due to the fact that Sea Gull Lighting Store cannot control for the settings of any individual user's monitor that may distort the appearance of a color or product finish, variations in product color or finish will not necessarily constitute "product damage or defect." In the event that you feel you have received an item with a defective finish, visual proof will be required for submittal to the manufacturer for review. Upon manufacturer review and confirmation, you may be entitled to compensation, a replacement or a full refund for the item.
Product Pricing Changes
The pricing of merchandise displayed on Sea Gull Lighting Store is subject to the suggested pricing provided by our manufacturers. Pricing is subject to change without notice. Therefore, and at the discretion of Sea Gull Lighting Store, previous pricing and price quotes may not be honored.
Product Pricing Errors
Sea Gull Lighting Store offers one of the largest selections of lighting products online. Product content is constantly being updated and added on a daily basis. Occasionally, but rarely, this process can result in the display of incorrect pricing. In the event that a customer places an order that is discovered to include an incorrect price, we reserve the right to revise the price and will notify the customer. The customer may agree to this correction or cancel the order for a full refund without penalty.