Payment Options & Shipping Policies
Payment Options and Procedures
We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover as credit card payment. We also accept personal or business checks.
Payment by Check
Sea Gull Lighting Store will accept payment in the form of a check, though these purchases must be completed by phone only. For purchases paid by check, in stock items will not be shipped, and special order items will not be ordered from the respective manufacturers, until the check has cleared. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Sea Gull Lighting Store Shipping Policies
Please be advised that Sea Gull Lighting Store cannot ship any merchandise to PO Box addresses.
Standard Ground Shipping - Small Parcel UPS and FedEx Items
Sea Gull Lighting Store offers FREE SHIPPING on items able to ship via UPS or Federal Express Ground for orders that are $49.00 or greater. This Free Shipping Offer is applicable only to orders shipping to the 48 continental United States. Actual shipping costs will be incurred for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Please call 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday) or email email@example.com for a shipping quote to these areas. Orders less than $49.00 will incur a standard processing and handling charge of $15.00. Orders cannot be combined for the purposes of this free shipping offer.
What you can expect for Small Parcel shipments...
The high value of many of the products offered by Sea Gull Lighting Store requires a signature upon delivery even for UPS and Federal Express shipments. If delivery without a signature is desired, it is suggested that you a leave a signed note on the door with the appropriate instructions for the driver. Failure to do so may result in the item(s) being returned to the shipper by the carrier. Additional charges for this return shipment will be incurred by the customer.
Truck Freight - Large & Oversized Items
Large items, such as large foyer chandeliers and torchiere floor lamps, may ship via truck freight. Orders containing items that must ship via truck freight will incur a $65 surcharge for EACH ITEM that must ship via freight. Items that must ship via truck freight are notated by the manufacturer based on the size and packaging of the product in question. Items that must ship via truck freight are marked as such on the individual product pages.
What you can expect for Large Item Truck Freight shipments...
- Items shipped via truck freight are delivered to curbside or driveway only. Most carries will contact you to set up a delivery time, usually a 2-4 hour appointment window during business hours. As such, it is the customer's responsibility to provide an accurate contact phone number for the delivery address.
- If you require special assistance with a Truck Freight delivery, additional services like inside delivery and lift gate are available at an additional charge. Please contact a representative at 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday) for a quote on these services.
- At the time of delivery, the driver will require that you inspect the condition of the shipment and sign the delivery receipt. Be sure to note on the receipt ANY and ALL visible damage to the packaging of your item(s). Noting the condition of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer - not the driver.
- If the carrier is unable to contact the customer, the customer will then be responsible for any storage fees or freight charges back to the shipper. See our Return Policies for full details.
Shipping Lead Times
- Sea Gull Lighting Store strives to provide its customers with the most accurate information on product availability using the tools and resources made available both in house and by our manufacturers.
- The lead times that are posted on the individual product pages are estimates only. These times are estimated based on the assumption that the item in question is currently in stock with the manufacturer and on the manufacturer's typical speed at which orders are processed and shipped.
- If your purchase or project is time sensitive, it is strongly suggested that you contact a representative at 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday) to inquire about expedited shipping services.
- Within 1 full business day of placing your order, you will receive an initial order status email providing you with the initial estimated shipping dates for each item on your order. These shipping dates are estimated based on the availability of the item(s) in the warehouses of our manufacturers. If an item you have purchased is made-to-order or is on back order with the manufacturer, your order status email will reflect this along with an estimated shipping date. Estimated shipping dates are subject to change.
- Until your order has fully shipped and is complete, you will receive weekly order status update emails.
- Sea Gull Lighting Store is not responsible for any costs associated with shipment delays. Sea Gull Lighting Store strongly suggests that any professional services required to install your product(s) not be scheduled until your order has arrived and been inspected.
Need to cancel - call us at 800-974-5307 - 9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday
To submit a cancellation request please contact us at 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday). You can also email us at orders@Sea Gull Lighting Store but a phone call is always best since this action often requires some urgency.
Order Cancellation Policy - call 800-974-5307 - 9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday
- We understand you might have a change of heart and will work with you to put your mind at ease. But please don't wait too long before calling us! Orders are processed and are often ready to ship the same day. So once it ships, a cancellation is no longer possible.
- Found a better price? Don't cancel - just tell us! We do have great pricing but if you happen to find a better price you are protected by our 110% Price Guarantee so just call or email us with the details.
- You may request to cancel any non-custom item that has not shipped from Sea Gull Lighting Store or directly from the manufacturer without any penalty of restocking fee whatsoever. Please remember, all cancellations are treated as cancellation requests - we may determine it is too late and will notify you of what your options are.
- How will you know it was successful? Confirmation of cancellation - or notification that your request was unsuccessful - will be emailed to you as quickly as possible but can take 2-3 business days. Our manufacturers are not open on weekends or holidays.
- Disclaimer: We rely on our manufactures to provide accurate and timely product availability and shipping information. So while exceptional, errors do occur and a cancellation may not be possible. As such, please be aware that items on your order that are indicated as not yet having been shipped may have, in fact, actually been shipped.
- Fortunately, this is not the end of the world. We will immediately initiate a return that will go fairly quickly once the item has been delivered to you. Please refer to our Easy Return Policy for more information.
- REMINDER: Items that have been shipped cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected.
Delivered damaged? Let us know ASAP by calling 800-974-5307 - 9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday
After all, light fixtures usually include glass and fragile parts. No matter how well they are packed, on rare occasions products purchased from Sea Gull Lighting Store may incur damage in shipping. Fortunately, we can often ship out replacement glass or parts without needing to return the whole item - at no cost to you. If it is irreparable, we will work to quickly return and replace the item.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
Sea Gull Lighting Store always puts the customer first. The strong and enduring relationships that we have developed with our manufacturers allow us to deliver a level of service that the competition simply cannot match. We confidently stand behind our products and will do our best to make things right.
- Sea Gull Lighting Store requires that damages be reported within 10 days of receipt.
- We will assist you in ordering a new replacement item while we work on returning the damaged one.
- If you receive an item that is damaged do not discard any of the packaging in which it was received. Discarding the original packaging of a damaged item may delay or even void the return.
- Please be prepared to provide your order number, product and the specific nature of the damage. In some cases we may request photos be taken.
- All items that are returned as damaged or defective will be inspected upon receipt. Return of an item found to be in working condition and absent of any damage or defect upon inspection will incur a 25% restocking fee.
- In all cases, if the merchandise you have received appears to be damaged, contact us at 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday) as soon as possible!
Not working? Defects are covered for 1 year.*
Every item sold by Sea Gull Lighting Store comes with at least a Manufacturer's 1-year warranty that guarantees the electrical functioning of the item. The protection of this warranty is contingent upon the proper installation of the item by a licensed professional. If an item you have purchased ceases to function properly, please contact us at 800-974-5307 (9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday) to report the problem. In most cases an electrically defective product can be replaced quickly and at no charge.
*A Note about Product Finishes on Outdoor Products. While our manufacturers warrantee their products up to one year from any electrical defects, they do not guarantee the durability of any product finishes on their outdoor products. Our Manufacturers cannot control for extreme weather conditions (such as high salt content air, acid rain, etc.) that may affect the appearance or durability of a product finish.
What else may be covered?
Reimbursement for any electrical work necessary to remove a defective item and install a replacement is at the discretion of the manufacturer and not the responsibility of Sea Gull Lighting Store. In all cases, Sea Gull Lighting Store will leverage its strong manufacturer relationships to acquire up to 100% reimbursement for any additional work due to product defect.